What are social tokens? What are community tokens? This episode, we speak with Alex Masmejean to dive into the topic.
Social tokens can be split into 2 categories: community tokens (signalling reputation) and personal tokens (investing in a person).
Topics we cover
- Bonding curve: 7:23
- Coordination vs speculation management via Treasury: 16:20
- Revenue generation into bonding curve: 20:15
- Risk in social tokens is promoting bad actions: 20:30
- Onchain-offhchain data integration: 28:38
- Tokenising future cash flow of artists. How value is justified?: 32:00
- Reputation in social tokens VS loyalty points: 38:30
- Reputation in social tokens vs #NXM: 40:15
- Value generation: how to increase economic value of social token (utility vs dividend): 42:25
- Basic legal framework to distribute value: 45:00
- 1 advice to social token designer: 50:55
*NOTE: The bonding curve mentioned by Alex for uniswap is misleading. The uniswap model is not exactly linear.